Friday, January 20, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends

The guys in the dining hall are great.  I frequently ask for food items for my demonstrations.  Today I asked for hard-boiled eggs and bags of potato chips for my demos with the vacuum pump.  They've given me jugs of vinegar, baking soda, food coloring, fruits and vegetables, a pumpkin for the exploding pumpkin demo, drinks to test for pH or density, and the list goes on.  They just shake their heads and smile.  "What are you blowing up today", they ask me when I go through the line at breakfast.  Here's the email I received today from the head of the dining hall:


 He called me a "mad scientist", but I responded that I'm actually a happy scientist because they are always willing to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment