Here's a fake abstract that I wrote for my test this week. I think I have included all the mistakes that my students make in their lab writing.
The purpose of this lab is to measure pH. The lab was done with a pH meter, a mortar and pestle, and some hydrochloric acid. The change in pH was 4.3 for Mylanta Ultimate and 3.9 Mylanta Classic. The main source of error was human error in the measurements. This lab was successful. I learned that when you mix an acid and base together the pH changes.
My challenge to the kids is to revise this abstract into something that is meaningful. I'll let you know how it goes.